We know – you are coming on holiday to get away from it all, including the Covid-19 situation. However we need to make sure you, our staff and our community are kept safe. Your help would be much appreciated. Please read and follow our Covid-19 guidelines. If you have any questions please let us know.
We are Good 2 Go certified
Before you set off:
- Check the Covid-19 situation online and follow all government guidelines and restrictions see:
- If you cannot travel due to Covid-19 restrictions please let us know.
- NHS Track and Trace must be completed before entering the premises. Please ensure you have provided us with the names of the members of your party and their contact details. You can either do this in the guest area of our website or by contacting us directly.
- If you or one of your party is showing any Covid-19 symptoms please do not travel and contact us to let us know the situation. Stay safe at home and follow government guidelines.
- Bring some food with you. Our shops are open, but they are quite small and there can be a queue if the shop is full.
- Bring face masks. They are compulsory in all shops and public transport in Scotland.
- Bring hand sanitiser and wipes. There will be some in your Lodge, but it would be a big help if you could use your own whenever possible.
On your way to us
- Please make sure you sanitise your hands every time you stop for fuel, food or shopping.
When you arrive & during your stay
- Your key will be in your door when you arrive. Please go straight to your Lodge and let yourself in. We will come to say hello when we see that you have arrived
- There is hand sanitiser outside your Lodge door – please use it every time you enter your lodge.
- Whilst the laundry room will be sanitised regularly please do sanitise your hands before and after using entering.
- Only one person or family unit is allowed in the laundry room at a time
- Please also wear a mask when in the laundry room.
- Try to reduce the number of times you do go shopping during your stay.
- Please maintain social distancing when in public places
If you think you may have contracted Covid-19 during your stay
- All members of your party should isolate in your Lodge.
- Please inform us by calling 01599 544268 (please leave a message if we do not pick up)
- Arrange for a test online at nhsinform.scot. If you cannot get online call 0800 028 2816. Your results will be emailed to you, so it doesn’t matter if you are due to travel home before the results are ready.
- If you are too ill to travel please call the NHS 111 helpline and they will tell you how to proceed.
- If you decide to leave early please let us know so that we can quarantine your Lodge for a few days.
When you leave the lodge
To ensure the safety of our housekeeping staff we kindly ask you on the day of your departure to do following:
- Use the dishwasher (if there is one) for your last dish load
- Remove your bed linen and used towels and place them in the provided bag which can be found on the floor of your wardrobe.
- Bag up any waste into a black bin bag and leave in the black bin on the porch of the lodge.
- Place any glass and recycling in the boxes provided
- Place any books or games you have used on the dining table (these items will be stored securely for 72 hours after your stay)
- Open the windows of the rooms you have occupied (unless it is raining heavily)
- Switch off any lights or heating before you leave.
- Leave your key in the outside of the door.
Have a safe journey home, and maybe next time you come to stay we will be able to shake hands or hug when you arrive!
Our cleaning procedures
We take our cleaning procedures very seriously and follow cleaning procedures as recommended by:
- ASSC (Association of Scotland’s Self-Caterers) Cleaning Protocol
- Scottish Government’s COVID-19: Tourism and Hospitality Sector Guidance
- UK government guidelines on Covid-19 disinfecting
- We have also completed a Covid cleaning protocols training from Landlords little helper:
Our housekeeping staff
- Wear PPE (disposable gloves, aprons and face masks) when in the lodges
- Disinfect their hands before and after entering the lodges
- Have been trained in our Covid-19 cleaning procedures
- Follow a cleaning situational covid cleaning checklist based on three levels:
- Green clean: if your Lodge was empty for at least 3 days before you arrive, our cleaning team will give the Lodge a full clean
- Amber clean: if you arrive less than three days after the previous occupants we will make a deep clean and sanitisation
- Red clean: If we have suspicion of guest contracting covid we will fogg the lodge with a EN14675 or EN14476 disinfecting product
Cancellations due to Covid-19
- Our temporary Covid-19 rebooking and refund policy can be seen here